The sixth game in the Halo franchise and the fourth about Masterchief and his adventures, this game truly lives up to the name! Considering its made by a new company and is their first Halo game they have done it major justice and it is an amazing game.

The ending to Halo 3 is one that puzzled all, it left the game in a cliffhanger with little hint to whether there would be a sequel or what the ending was actually about. Halo 4 jumps straight in after the ending to Halo 3, but a few years in the future. The Masterchief has been in cryostasis during this time (and somehow gets a complete armor change with a few new gadgets) and Cortana has been safe guarding him and the ship (what's left of it anyways).
Suddenly, Cortana awakens the Masterchief as the ship is under attack by the Covenant, who until now were believed to be gone. However, this is only one of their problems as through searching the ship the realise they are now orbiting a planet, but none they have ever seen before, it is a Forerunner planet. Some action goes on and the Chief pulls off some badass scenes and moves (as always) but before they know it, the planet before them is opening and sucking them in through a gravity well (never a good way to be sucked in).

The ending to Halo 3 is one that puzzled all, it left the game in a cliffhanger with little hint to whether there would be a sequel or what the ending was actually about. Halo 4 jumps straight in after the ending to Halo 3, but a few years in the future. The Masterchief has been in cryostasis during this time (and somehow gets a complete armor change with a few new gadgets) and Cortana has been safe guarding him and the ship (what's left of it anyways).
Suddenly, Cortana awakens the Masterchief as the ship is under attack by the Covenant, who until now were believed to be gone. However, this is only one of their problems as through searching the ship the realise they are now orbiting a planet, but none they have ever seen before, it is a Forerunner planet. Some action goes on and the Chief pulls off some badass scenes and moves (as always) but before they know it, the planet before them is opening and sucking them in through a gravity well (never a good way to be sucked in).
![]() |
| The Forerunner planet Requiem and its gravity well. |
The game from here takes place on this planet and revolves around finding a way off the planet, making enemies and finding/saving allies. It is a truly amazing game and my summary of the beggining doesn't do it any justice at all. Chief pulls off some badass stuff we haven't seen him do before and we see him in a whole new way. I would seriously suggest anyone get this, especfially if you can find it at the price of £25 brand new as I did in the Christmas sales!
Also, the online mode (now called Infinity) has had a few improvements and I like some things but prefer things from Reach better. I like the idea of ordanance, this is when you build up a certain score or kill ammount you get a reward and this is the ability to call in a weapon or power-up from a choice of 3. One of the things I dislike about it though is the leveling system and much prefered Halo: Reach's system. With this leveling system you unlock armor by getting certain challenges and then wear it for free, but I prefered having to unlock the armor and then having to work for the credits to buy it, it made me play the game better and harder as I wanted the next best piece of armor, but I feel Halo 4 is slightly lacking this.
Now, for the ratings. For gameplay/storyline, I give it a 10/10 as the storyline is amazing and the game just feels great to play, the things they have added also make the game run smoother, like the ability to sprint all the time, without a power-up and the new power-ups, enemies and weapons they have added.
Also, the online mode (now called Infinity) has had a few improvements and I like some things but prefer things from Reach better. I like the idea of ordanance, this is when you build up a certain score or kill ammount you get a reward and this is the ability to call in a weapon or power-up from a choice of 3. One of the things I dislike about it though is the leveling system and much prefered Halo: Reach's system. With this leveling system you unlock armor by getting certain challenges and then wear it for free, but I prefered having to unlock the armor and then having to work for the credits to buy it, it made me play the game better and harder as I wanted the next best piece of armor, but I feel Halo 4 is slightly lacking this.
Now, for the ratings. For gameplay/storyline, I give it a 10/10 as the storyline is amazing and the game just feels great to play, the things they have added also make the game run smoother, like the ability to sprint all the time, without a power-up and the new power-ups, enemies and weapons they have added.
![]() |
| One of the new enemies in Halo 4 |
For the online Infinity mode I give it a 8/10 as I do really like it but I am pretty dissapointed with the leveling and reward system, I feel Halo: Reach's was much better. For graphics I give it a 9/10 as the graphics are absolutely amazing, the cutscenes are sharp, the in-game graphics are better than most other games and the landscapes and environments are jus beautiful and this enhances the game so much!
Overall, I think the game definitely deserves a 8/10 because I believe there are a few improvements they could have made in some places, but apart from that the game is looking to be the best of 2012! I seriously suggest anyone go out and get this game as anyone would love it! Especially if you're a Halo fan, its something you can't miss out on! I just can not wait until Halo 5 now as it should push the barriers even more and change gaming further, but until then, or next time at least, cheers! - Derry
Overall, I think the game definitely deserves a 8/10 because I believe there are a few improvements they could have made in some places, but apart from that the game is looking to be the best of 2012! I seriously suggest anyone go out and get this game as anyone would love it! Especially if you're a Halo fan, its something you can't miss out on! I just can not wait until Halo 5 now as it should push the barriers even more and change gaming further, but until then, or next time at least, cheers! - Derry


No comments:
Post a Comment