
Prototype, a game where you can run around New York city as a mutated human, who has the new found abilities of a monster. You can slice through crowds of civilians in seconds, disguise yourself as a pedestrian and escape the many levels of the military, what more could you ask for?
Now, the mutated human you play as goes by the name Alex Mercer (which is a pretty badass name) and the story line consists of you finding out what happened to you, how you became mutated and who you really are. You start off in a military lab and have to break out, and you do this easily with your new found powers.
You also find out during the story line that you're not the only human in the situation of becoming mutated and there are members of the military who are just like you. There are also members of the public who are also becoming mutated as the mutation seems to be airborne and spreading. However, they just roaming the deserted streets of NYC like zombies. There are also mutated called Hunters who are fast, strong and are pretty tough to kill when you first start out but when you start to level up and unlock new abilities it becomes easier, which leads us to our next point.
| The face of the Hunter says it all! |
Throughout the game, you unlock new abilities and powers which make you able to jump higher, further and make you altogether more powerful! However, the system to unlocking these abilities is by buying them using 'EP' or 'Evolution Points' which you obtain by completing missions, doing challenges, getting collectables or killing enemies.
This is now a pretty old game, and I remember before it came out me and a few friends were really excited to get our hands on it as it seemed like a truly amazing game, and although it may not have everything it first promised, it is still a truly amazing game! I'd give it a 7/10 for game play as it is really good but there are a few things missing and they missed out a few things that they promised. For graphics i'd give it a 8/10 as well as the graphics were pretty good for its time but nothing amazing. For story line I'd give it a 6/10 as it wasn't too great, it is still good, but there's just points where it seems repetitive and can get boring. However, from time to time I still find myself playing the game now, as it is still fun to run around NYC killing pedestrians, zombies and various other enemies and climbing the tallest buildings in the city in seconds. Overall I think it deserves a 6/10
This is a game I would recommend to anyone with an Xbox 360 and you should definitely get it if you haven't already. Also, give it a chance and let yourself get fully into the game! Unfortunately its an 18 and is very gory, so if you are a parent and want to let your children play it, I wouldn't really suggest allowing it without your supervision or without you playing it first to check it out.
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this Review/Blog post and I kindly ask that you share it around to give it some notoriety, if you don't mind of course. Until next time, cheers! - Derry
-->
No comments:
Post a Comment