After a an amazing game like Kingdom Hearts, how could any game possibly live up to the same expectations? Well Kingdom Hearts 2 did just that, but pushed the boundaries even further and made things even better that people expected. It was bigger, better and funnier! With added worlds characters, abilities and enemies, how could you not like it?
Well, obviously by now you can already tell that the review for this game is going to be good and you should get it, but I'm going to go ahead and review it anyways. You start the game playing as a whole new character with no lead to what happened to Sora (unless you played the spin-off games first, especially Unchained Memories). This character is called Roxas and is really similar to Sora in many ways.
![]() |
| Totally a slightly gayer version of Sora |
As this new character you play in a new town called Twilight Town, and meet some new people, both friends and foes. I would say Roxas' part in the game is like the tutorial and teaching you all the controls again, similar to the island on Kingdom Hearts 1. You do eventually get to play as Sora again, but he's older and better, and looks more bad-ass (when he gets a new costume)
The main additions to this game are the new enemies called 'Organisation XIII' who harness the hearts that are released when the heartless are killed, for a reason that is unknown to you at the start. There are also many new faces and worlds including the world of 'The Lion King', 'Pirates of the Caribbean' and 'Beauty and the Beast'. Plus we get to see the faces we love again lie Jack Skellington, Ariel and Squall Leonhart.
![]() |
| Pretty badass guy, and what a sword! |
I've been told that my ratings can be a bit kind so i've decided to re-review all my game ratings and I have changed them accordingly, but anyways to this game's ratings! I think the grpahics aren't too much different from the first one, but during the cutscenes (the ending specifically) its phenominal, all thanks to Squaresoft! So I guess for that i'll give it a 8/10
The storyline is amazing a lot better than the first one, but I can't seriously think of anything wrong with it, it has the sadness, happiness, comedy and seriousness. It involves a load of characters from both disney and Final Fantasy, and this colaboration is amazing, even though you wouldn't expect it. The difference between all the world keeps the game alive and constantly enjoyable. So for these reasons I give it a 10/10.
Soundtack is memorable again but not as much as the first game, it involves some really good songs and I love it but I thought it was lacking a little something, and i'm not sure what it is really... for the soundtrack I give it a 7/10. Overall i'd give this game a 9/10 as it is really amazing but lacks a little something as I said.
Thanks for taking you're time out to read this and I truly can't show how grateful I am! I would, however like to know what you would rate this game and what you thought of it so leave a comment in the section below and preach it to me! But until next time, Cheers! - Derry
The storyline is amazing a lot better than the first one, but I can't seriously think of anything wrong with it, it has the sadness, happiness, comedy and seriousness. It involves a load of characters from both disney and Final Fantasy, and this colaboration is amazing, even though you wouldn't expect it. The difference between all the world keeps the game alive and constantly enjoyable. So for these reasons I give it a 10/10.
Soundtack is memorable again but not as much as the first game, it involves some really good songs and I love it but I thought it was lacking a little something, and i'm not sure what it is really... for the soundtrack I give it a 7/10. Overall i'd give this game a 9/10 as it is really amazing but lacks a little something as I said.
Thanks for taking you're time out to read this and I truly can't show how grateful I am! I would, however like to know what you would rate this game and what you thought of it so leave a comment in the section below and preach it to me! But until next time, Cheers! - Derry
-->
-->


Like the review xD but as I'm a KH fan I'm going to :P. I like how you compared to the old one instead of review it as a single game, as most don't these days. The only thing I can find bad about this is, you don't explain why you play as Roxas the whole Heartless and Nobody thing :] just a little constructive criticism :] 10/10 for the review though keep it up :D
ReplyDeleteI thought I wouldn't go too much into the whole Roxas and Nobodies thing, as if people hadn't already played it I didn't really want to ruin too much and wanted them to experience it for themselves! But thank you Matt means a lot, I really will keep it up :)
ReplyDelete