Red Dead, a series that had gained quite a bit of notoriety and is well known in the world of gaming. The whole series is owned, written and developed by gaming giants Rockstar who also develop the Grand Theft Auto series and L.A. Noire. The newest game in the Red Dead series, however, is Red Dead Redemption.

Red Dead Redemption is set in early America (The time of cowboys and the wild west) and follows the story of John Marston, a cowboy outlaw who had been in loads of trouble with the guards in western America. He sets out to gain revenge on some of his old comrades who betrayed him and got him sent to jail. However, his jail time is not yet over and he has to help the officers with some of their problems and help them catch or kill his comrades, and in return he his freed, or so they say.
One of the reasons he wants to be released is because he is being stopped from seeing his family and going back to his home, so he wants to help the officers so he is able to see his wife and son again. Along his journey Marston meets many new friends, and makes many new enemies, but he always deals with his enemies in the best way possible, by killing them!
![]() |
| Our hero, John Marston! What a cool guy. |
There is also gametypes to play like Team Deathmatch, Capture the flag and all the other kinds of general gametypes you get when playing online games. Depending on what you prefer you can choose what to play, but throughout all the gametypes your level and experience carries over. You also get challenges to complete and these can be fun to do but you there are some that are obviously more challenging than others but I found these more fun.
![]() |
| Very large and vast landscape but it is beautiful! |
For gameplay/multiplayer I would give it a 8/10 as well, it is good, but nothing amazing or new, the multiplayer you can tell it is just like GTA 4 and this is really clear, but the multiplayer is still really good. Graphics are pretty good to be fair and I'm going to give them a 8/10, they weren't nothing amazing that had people talking, but it was still really good.
Overall I give the game a 8/10 which I think is well deserved, and I think that just about sums up my review. This game is one of my favourite games ever for storyline and I truly loved it, I think I'm actually going to start a new save and play through it again. Thanks for reading this blog and you can always check it out on my new site here:
Also, make sure you look out for the table below to quickly see what I think without having to read the whole review, if you want of course, but I will suggest that you read the whole thing. But anyways, until next time, cheers! - Derry
Ratings
| |
Story Line
|
8/10
|
Game Play
|
7/10
|
Graphics
|
8/10
|
Sound Track
|
6/10
|
Overall
|
8/10
|
-


No comments:
Post a Comment