
You are put into the shoes of an assassin called Corvo Attano in a world where Whale Oil runs anything that needs electricity to work. Corvo was the bodyguard of the Empress, but she is assassinated, and as Corvo is the only suspect he is sent to Death Row where he decided on a quest of revenge. He intends to assassinate the assassins and the people who ordered the assassination to get his true revenge and so follows the story of Dishonored.
![]() |
| What did that poor rat ever do to Corvo! |
The story takes place in a city called Dunwall, and above the entrance to this city is the sentence 'The boldest measures are the safest'. This saying surely makes sense for such a capital city like Dunwall which is ridden with plague. However considering all of this, the game has a beautiful and interactive setting that is pushing the boundaries on gaming forever. Just walking through a street you see so many different things and your attention is suddenly grabbed by these things from graffiti on walls to the magnificent buildings and structures.
Throughout the story line of Dishonored you get choices at every turn and every choice you make can highly influence the game play you can even decide to not kill anyone at all if you're a nice guy but this doesn't help you in any way really. Sometimes you get the feeling there's too much choice and you might have trouble deciding what exactly to do to get the objective done. But this is just something to get used to with Dishonored as choice is one of the things Dishonored is renowned for. I do prefer this kind of game play where you have a choice for everything rather than being forced down a certain path not having a choice in the matter.
Players who really take the time to enjoy their experience are rewarded with more augments and upgrades for your character. You do this by finding more runes, bone charms and money and with this you'll become more badass. I found when playing this game that I would restart from a save or checkpoint to try playing it differently and seeing what exactly I could do.
![]() |
| A Bone Charm, looks nothing like a bone! I found the graphics were truly amazing and think that it is one of the most beautiful game settings in recent games. It is truly incredible and not many games are even coming close to the standard that Dishonored has set. As beautiful as it is on consoles (I played on the Xbox 360) watching it played on PC is so much better and is certainly a good thing for all the PC gamers out there! Now for the ratings! I thought for story line it deserved a 8/10 as it was lacking in some places and I thought some of the targets you had to assassinate felt a bit set-up and too easy, especially when I had a load of abilities and upgrades to help my sneaking and assassination abilities. However I do like the fact that no two plays will be the same! Graphics deserve a 10/10 for the reasons I described above, I think they are just amazing and couldn't get much better. Overall I think it deserves a 8/10 as it is an amazing game but is lacking in some areas, however apart from that it couldn't be better. It is certainly a game everyone should experience at least once. Being one of the biggest games of 2012 it is a game that is going to be talked about for a while, especially with the different endings and game plays that many other games don't really offer nowadays. I hope you enjoyed this Blog/Review and again hope you can share it with your friends for me to help it get notoriety. Now tell me, what do you think of this game and would you check it out now? until next time, Cheers! - Derry |
-->-->


No comments:
Post a Comment