Monday, 14 January 2013

Gears of War 2 Game Review


    Sequel of Gears of War, it follows closely in the steps of Gears of War and is an amazing game, but still has some faults. Set shortly after the events of the first game, it starts with a small commentary from the Locust Queen who briefs us about the last 15 years and how the Locust War evolved. It then jumps to a hospital, where Marcus, Dom, Anya and the new recruit (and brother to Anthony Carmine) Benjamin Carmine are doing some basic training for Benjamin, when some Locust forces show up and force the Delta Team to go through the Hospital to get rid of the Locust and force them to retreat.

  Throughout the game it is clear that humanity is struggling to survive the Locust War and they are obviously losing. So they make up plans to help them get back in the war and put strain on the Locust forces. In this game you are also introduced to the Lambent, who are members of the Locust army who have been subjected to too much Imulsion and it causes them to mutate and fight against the Locust forces as well as you.
Lambent Drone, what a nice glow.
With the Lambent showing up it helps take some strain of the COG forces but also makes things worse as they now have two enemies to be wary of. The campaign is really good and a definite Xbox 360 must play game, I mean you get to ride giant worms, big ass tranporters and cars across icy lakes, what more could you ask for?

  Skorge also makes a re-appearance in this game, but looking more bad-ass than ever, it is pretty obvious early on that he'll be a boss at some point in the game and I looked forward to it tbf, thought it would be a really bad-ass scene, and whether it was or not, i'll leave that to you!
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/33/queenmyrrahgears3art.png
Nothing better than fake dreadlocks!
There is a multiplayer for this game, and there was for GOW 1 (Which I didn't really talk about) but the multiplayer was really dissapointing for this game. I found it was so much worse than in Gears 1! There was one good things that was added and I loved playing and that was the 'Horde' mode, where you are put into a map and have to survive against up to 50 waves of Locust and the more you survive the more points you get, I found this gametype so much fun, but there were times it was boring or took too long to get to wave 50.

Now, its time for ratings again! For Storyline I thought I'd give it a fair 8/10 as there were points when it felt slow and I got bored or it was just the same thing over and over again, but there were times it was amazing and I didn't want to put the pad down. For gameplay I'd give it a 7/10 as there was so many bugs, and they never bothered to sort it out. For graphics i'd give it a 8/10 as they were better than Gears of War, but they were nothing worth talking about.

Altogether I think the game deserves a 8/10 and I think that is a fair score. It's just a shame because I think they could have made it so much better if they'd just spent a little more time getting rid of bugs, adjusting things and making the multiplayer a better, user friendly place.

Thanks for reading this and I hope you agree with my ratings, if not what did you think of it and what would you have rated it? Let me know in the comments! But until next time, cheers! - Derry




Ratings
Story Line
8/10
Game Play
7/10
Graphics
8/10
Sound Track
6/10


Overall
8/10



 -->
-->

4 comments:

  1. Loving the reviews, could you do Dark Souls? :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Haven't yet played it, but I'll try my best to get it next time I get the chance and i'll review it for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be wary, it's meant to be a pretty long game haha :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mind that, if its long though it may take me a while to get a review up, but I promise I'll get round to doing it :)

    ReplyDelete