Saturday, 12 January 2013

Avatar: The Game Game Review

 


   Avatar, an amazing movie, couldn't have been better and so you would expect with such a big budget. But obviously they didn't spend enough money on the game as it was absolute rubbish! For a start the game doesn't even follow the story of the movie, so I reckon it should have been called something completely different. In a way, from what I played, it completely doubts the story of the movie and that makes no sense.

  You play as Able Rider, a new signals specialist, who you can customise the look of and decide the sex of. You work for the military on Pandora and are sent to work in an Area called Blue Lagoon to do missions for the people in the area. You get to a point in the game where you can make a choice between the Na'vi and the RDA and each choice greatly changes game play as if you choose the Na'vi you play as a Na'vi as do missions for them against the RDA, but if you choose the RDA its the opposite.

In my choice I choose the Na'vi, and I don't know whether it was just this choice, or whether it's the game altogether but I found it really slow paced and boring. It really wasn't a game I enjoyed and I never got round to completing this game, which is a rare thing for me to not do.

What the Na'vi look like, don't know why I chose them.
The game also has a multiplayer mode, which I thought was pretty bad and didn't enjoy at all. I felt it was really one sided and always had the Na'vi winning, which I never got the chance to enjoy because everyone would choose the Na'vi and make it so I had to pick a Marine. The multiplayer wasn't too popular anyways and never really had a lot of people playing.

I don't think i'm the only one who thought this was a massive disappointment but it really was to me. I expected it to be so much better as the film was amazing, but then again film to game adaptions are rarely any good. For ratings overall I give it a 4/10 as it was just rubbish in every way and you could tell they didn't give it much time or thought. I really wouldn't suggest anyone get this game, unless you are in it for the exploration and story so you can expand your knowledge of Avatar, if not then its not worth the £5 you can get it for!

I'm now going to start putting the ratings I give things at the bottom of the page, as well as in the post so that if you're in a rush you can just scroll to the bottom of the page and have a look at what I've rated it. I'm also currently working on a website that will be up shortly, just making some final adjustments and putting all my older posts on there ready for when I publish it.

I appreciate everyone who bothers to look at my blog, and wish I could show my gratitude more. But as I can't I will just thank you all and keep on posting for you as often as possible. I am thinking of changing my plan around a little, but it will stay the same for now until I have decided on a good plan. So until next time, cheers! - Derry


Ratings
Story Line
4/10
Game Play
3/10
Graphics
5/10
Sound Track 4/10


Overall
4/10

 -->
-->

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, nice table. Look forward to new site and plan.
    I haven't read anything about the Avatar game b4 so this was interesting. It sounds awful though.
    And personally I didn't think the film was that amazing...

    ReplyDelete