Hello, it's Derry again and this is going to be the Game Review section of my new blogging pages. If you have not checked out my other blog go check it out now here to see what exactly I'm offering: http://computersandmicrosoft.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/new-start-in-blogging.html
Now to the reviews, I have been thinking about possible games I could review and what better game to start off with that Skyrim! I have completed the game a few times and have recently been playing it again so this game is fresh in my mind.
I must admit that when I first heard of the Elder Scrolls games I was already a fan of Bethesda's other big game series, Fallout. Hearing of the Elder Scroll games being like Fallout but with swords and magic kind of put me off wanting to play them, but when Skyrim was released I found it at a very good price of £25 and thought it was a chance I couldn't miss. I bought the game and man was I wrong, its different to Fallout in so many ways, and I would say so much better. If you don't have this it is a must play game! Definitely worth the money as it is hard to ever run out of things to do on this game.
The graphics are amazing, and if you have a HDTV it is amazingly beautiful. The serene environments, amazing creatures and immense structures help make Skyrim a beautiful, yet dark land. Creatures of all sizes roam this land and you get to see everything from the size of Mammoths or Giants to Hares or Skeevers. The environments are truly amazing in HD from dark gloomy caves to icy wastelands and green lively oasis', this game feels like it is truly alive and you are the main character.
![]() |
| Obviously none beating the Dragon! |
The levelling system is very different to any other, and it might not be amazing, but once you get used to it you learn to love it, and can't wait to get to the next level to get a point to put on a skill of choice from Heavy Armour to Alchemy. The look of the levelling system is very nice and it is laid out as if you was looking at the night sky and your skill trees are star constellations, it is a very genius idea!
The main storyline, in my opinion, is quite short if you do the main quests one after the other, but if you do side quests, skill levelling and dungeons then this game has an incredible amount of content, and to fully complete it would take weeks, if not months of non stop play. The story involves you, the Dovahkiin (Dragonborn) who is set out to kill the dragon Alduin to save the land of Skyrim from his evil. Definitely worth the £25 I got it for, and if you look to get it now it is around £15 - £20 brand new in the UK.
The combat includes a HUD that only appears when your Health., Magicka, or Stamina being depleted, at all other times it is not to be seen to give you a better view. Magicka is usually depleted by using spells, Stamina is depleted by sprinting and health is obviously depleted by being attacked or falling. Your effectiveness in combat relies on the use of weapons, armour, and/or spells which may be bought or unlocked. Weapons and magic can be assigned to each hand, allowing you to effectively duel wield, and can be swapped at any time through the items or magic menu or through using your favourites menu (accessed by pressing up on the D-Pad). Shields can also be used in Skyrim to help defend you from various attacks.
The soundtrack to the game is the icing on the cake for this game and it gets you into the game that much more. It is a beautiful soundtrack yet exciting at times of battle. Also, the main theme is remembered by all Skyrim players and is an amazing theme to have! It is all composed by Jeremy Soule, who also did the compositions and arrangements for Oblivion and Marrowind. Overall, the entire soundtrack is over 4 hours long!
My final words on this would be to get it and witness the beautiful graphics, creatures and landscapes, have an immense amount of game play and things to do ensuring you don't get bored and listen to the amazing soundtrack to truly get you into the experience. Plus nothing beats beating a dragon to death with your bare hands! Its gets a good, well deserved 9/10.
£17.99 brand new here at GAME: http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/HubArticleView?hubId=140253&articleId=140254&catalogId=10201&langId=44&storeId=10151
Until next time, thank you! - Derry -->


No comments:
Post a Comment