Dante's Inferno, a game where you play as a crusader who promises his wife he won't be unfaithful on his next journey. He breaks this promise and returns home to find his father dead and the love of his life being taken to hell by the devil.
![]() |
| Did I mention that within the first 30 minutes you fight Death? |
Being the heroic crusader you are you decide to not walk away and live the rest of your life happily with someone else. Instead, you decide to follow the devil into hell to retrieve your wife, Beatrice. Oh the joys of being a hero! What follows is the journey of Dante travelling through the 9 circles of hell so he can get to the bottom (where the devil is) and save Beatrice. On this journey he encounters several different people from his past, like his father, the brother of his wife and a few friends who were in the Crusaders with him. He sees these people through the circles because they are the people that are dead because of him or because he betrayed them. There is also a time when he sees his mother there as she killed herself, yet Dante did not know this and thought she had died from an illness.
| This means Dante's half tree right? |
The ending is what we all expected, he gets to the end, saves the girl, and kills the bad guy. Except what ensues after this is much different to this over used style of story, it turns out to be not as happy as we'd thought.s Beatrice was killed she can not return to normal life with Dante, instead she is taken to heaven (Paradise) where she will wait for Dante. The last scene is one that has raised many questions as to whether there will be a second game. This is mainly because we see Dante arrive at Mount Purgatory and rip off the tapestry he sew onto his chest. The tapestry then turns into a snake and you hear a demonic laugh, so will there be a second one? The fighting/ battling system
in the game is very good and is the same as most other hack and slash
games where you can just easily button bash to kill enemies but if you
put together a certain combo of attacks it can unleash an immense amount
of damage and kills things much quicker. There are also quick time
events in the game that do help keep things running smoothly no matter
how much we hate them! Using these quick time events they have managed
to create an awesome system of executions on enemies.
![]() |
| Kids, this is what we call a face stab. |
There is a sort of levelling system in the game and you get points for hacking and slashing the many creatures of hell which you can then use to buy upgrades and skills. I think this kind of levelling is very good for a game such as Dante's Inferno and you find it in many similar games like Devil May Cry 4. Many games now follow this sort of levelling system (Apart from RPG's) where you are rewarded for doing many things with points and you can then spend these points enhancing your character and game play.
So this game has it all, action, killing, sadness, death and forgiveness. It is a very dark game and does show some adultery so if you are under 18 I wouldn't suggest seeing it if mommy doesn't want you to see these things! Apart from this I think the game is really good, it may not appeal to everyone and not all games do, but if you're a fan of Devil May Cry, Darksiders or any other hack and slash and haven't yet played this game I'd suggest getting it!
Now to the ratings I've given this game. For graphics I thought it deserved an 7/10 as they were good, but thought they could have been so much better especially on the cut scenes. The story line I think deserves a 8/10 as I thoroughly enjoyed it and got connected to the characters, the only problem was that at times it felt like it was just the same thing repeating itself. The soundtrack wasn't really too good, although it did add to the effect and also made things atmospheric so for this I gave the audio/soundtrack an 7/10 as well. So overall the game was really good but felt like it was lacking something at parts, it got an 7/10 overall. I would suggest it to any hack and slash fan and people who love a good storyline.
I hope you enjoyed this review and please leave me some criticism and suggestions! until next time, cheers! - Derry
-->
-->
So this game has it all, action, killing, sadness, death and forgiveness. It is a very dark game and does show some adultery so if you are under 18 I wouldn't suggest seeing it if mommy doesn't want you to see these things! Apart from this I think the game is really good, it may not appeal to everyone and not all games do, but if you're a fan of Devil May Cry, Darksiders or any other hack and slash and haven't yet played this game I'd suggest getting it!
Now to the ratings I've given this game. For graphics I thought it deserved an 7/10 as they were good, but thought they could have been so much better especially on the cut scenes. The story line I think deserves a 8/10 as I thoroughly enjoyed it and got connected to the characters, the only problem was that at times it felt like it was just the same thing repeating itself. The soundtrack wasn't really too good, although it did add to the effect and also made things atmospheric so for this I gave the audio/soundtrack an 7/10 as well. So overall the game was really good but felt like it was lacking something at parts, it got an 7/10 overall. I would suggest it to any hack and slash fan and people who love a good storyline.
I hope you enjoyed this review and please leave me some criticism and suggestions! until next time, cheers! - Derry


No comments:
Post a Comment